Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentines

 

  Ah, Valentine's Day: the day millions of people around the world either love or hate.

  I, for one, actually like Valentine's even though I don't actually have, well, a valentine. ;) Unless you count my parents, which I do. They're pretty much the best valentines a girl could ask for, and their love for me is displayed every day of the year, not just today.

  It's always nice to feel a little special and know that you have people that love you, isn't it? I know that I was pleasantly surprised this year when my mom and dad presented me with their sweet gifts; I actually wasn't expecting any because I figured they might think I'm too old for it or something. But I'll definitely accept the chocolate and flowers!




  Sometimes, the sweet and small gestures are the ones that mean the most. It's not the chocolate or the pretty flowers that made me feel extra loved today; it's the hugs and words, "I love you" from my parents that truly filled my heart with warmth.

  Happy Valentine's, everyone! I hope you had as sweet a one as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment