Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bringing in the New Year

It seems like this past year has passed far too quickly. Wasn't it just yesterday I was applying for my job--which I have now been working at for nearly 9 months? Or didn't my sister have her second baby just a few weeks ago...? But he's already 14 months old.

Which makes me feel old. ;)

In a way, I see the new year as a fresh start, a beginning to what is becoming my new life. I am no longer just a child; I now have to think about which colleges I should look at, which subjects I want to study. I have to start thinking in a long-term way, because a lot of the decisions I make in the next year or so will greatly influence my life in the future. And that's sort of a scary thought, isn't it?

But this year, I have made some resolutions for the first time. Usually, I don't even worry about making them because, to me, I really already have everything I need and I don't feel like I should try to change my appearance or try to make more friends than I already have. But, as I said, the coming years are going to be very hard for me, and I know that I will need some help. A lot of help.

So who better to ask for this help than my Lord? I already depend on Him for so much and I talk to Him daily, but I still want to make my relationship with Him even stronger. You can never be too close to God.

My resolutions this year are simple: I will read my Bible daily; I will praise Him in everything; and I will use my gifts for Him. I actually wrote an article on these for the online magazine I write for. Check it out HERE. This year, I plan on showing God that I want only to get close to Him, and I want Him to be everywhere in my life. Because if I have that strong relationship with my Heavenly Father, then everything I do--every decision I make--will be made with Him.

And if I have Him in my life, then I shouldn't be afraid of what the future holds, because He is the One that is guiding me.

"I will fear no evil, for my God is with me.
And if my God is with me, whom then shall I fear?

Whom then shall I fear?"

2 comments:

  1. Hogan-
    Just a quick word here to encourage you on the path you have set. Knowing Him more every day is what we're all here for! And knowing His guiding hand is there all the way is such a comfort. Life is always full of decisions and having Him to direct our paths makes it so much easier! Blessings on your 2012....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I think, Rachel! Thank you, and I pray you have a blessed year as well.

    ReplyDelete