Saturday, December 17, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!

Trees are decorated, lights are up, fires are lit...and everywhere in town is crowded with people. Where do they all come from?! Traffic is absolutely horrifying and nearly every store and restaurant is packed, and Christmas is still a week away!

Maybe all these people are like me and they only go shopping when they realize procrastination is no longer acceptable. I, for one, still have not done any shopping whatsoever, though I think I have an acceptable excuse. I don't think it's wise to go out by myself, especially near a holiday when there are tons of people about.

Also, I hate to drive. ;)

Thankfully, my sister and I are going to spend all day Monday getting our gifts for everyone. We'll see how that goes.

I've not had the opportunity to take many photos recently, though last week I helped out at a benefit concert by taking some pictures for my friend's family, which is a wonderful singing group. I thoroughly enjoyed being there, and I'm so glad I was asked to come! Thank you, Rachel, for having me!

Though I've not been taking pictures lately, I have been sketching quite a lot. I've decided that it's time I kick into gear and get my first book edited and published. And, silly me, I've even decided to make the cover for the book myself. What have I gotten myself into?! I can already tell this is going to be quite a chore.

The cover so far:


I actually figured out how to scan the drawing onto the computer, so at least that's one down! Now I just have to decide how to go about adding the color...which I have never before  tried to do. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment