Monday, January 14, 2013

Adlie {Newborn Session}





Newborns.


  Aren't they so precious, with their tiny toes and perfect lips? They're so fragile, so delicate. And though they are so small, they can hold such a big place in our hearts. They are one of God's most precious gifts, and so it was with great care and honor that I held this particular photo shoot.

  My cousin Nona and her husband Cody have been wanting a baby girl for years, and it was this past October that their dream finally became a reality. Adlie was born with brilliant blue eyes shaped like her mama's, and she had a full head of dark hair--as opposed to her two older brothers, who are both blondies.

  One thing's for sure, this lovely little girl is going to give her daddy a reason to stay on his toes!

Nona had requested a photo like this before the shoot began, and I was excited to give it a go since I like using pops of color. I actually did no editing at all to make Adlie's eyes appear bluer. In fact, they were so blue that I had to tone it down a bit to make it look more real! Is it alright to be jealous of a baby's eyes?
 

 
 


  Though Adlie didn't sleep more than 5 minutes for our hour-long shoot, she was still very photogenic (as long as she had her pacifier, she was good ;). It was a fun session and I learned some new things, which is always a plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment