Saturday, January 12, 2013

Things Change

Well, I was going to upload some new photos, but Blogger isn't working properly for some reason and the upload button has disappeared. I have so many photos to share, too!

So, instead of pictures, I thought I could share some of my thoughts.

Things change.

That's what's been on my mind here lately, because it seems like that's exactly what's happening in my life. And I'm the type of person that does not like change. At all. I like things to be just right. If you know me very well at all, you'll know that I am a very mellow person and that my life is just as laid back as my personality.

That seems like it's all about to change.

Have I mentioned that I'm also the type of person that worries? I worry almost endlessly and sometimes about really trivial things. Most of my worry comes from the fear of meeting new people--which, as you know, photographers do on an almost daily basis. Also, college is full of new people, right?

Yeah. Hence, the endless worry.

But, you know, I realize that my anxiety is pretty pointless. It does me no good whatsoever to worry about my future and how it's changing. In all reality, even though I might get all anxious about going to a new place or meeting a new person, I end up doing it anyway because I know deep down that I'm being silly. And you know what? It usually ends up being that I worried for nothing, and that new place or new person was actually a great experience.

That's because, though I really have no idea what my future holds, Somebody does. He has every little detail planned out just right for me (whatever I might think at the moment), and He knows exactly what I need in my life.

Sometimes I forget that, but here lately I've been able to understand it on a clearer level. It's a nice feeling, knowing that Someone much greater than me has everything in control. If it was all up to me to change my own life and make the big decisions, it just would not happen. If it was all up to me, I would be too busy worrying about everything to actually do anything.

So I'll gladly let God hold my future in His hands. He knows exactly what He's doing, and it's in knowing that simple fact that I can go out and do these new things without (too much) anxiety.

Things change. And I'm slowly getting better at accepting that.

2 comments:

  1. Hogan - great post. It's always hard to let go & trust God with our future - I'm so glad you know Who holds the future. :) Thought you might enjoy this post that I recently read on another's blog. http://resolved2worship.xanga.com/770855225/worry/
    BTW, she has AWESOME pictures - check them out all over her blog.
    A note on the upload problem with blogger: It's been doing it since Jan. 1. Just go to the "html" mode to upload, then go back to "compose" mode to resize, crop, etc. You find those two buttons at the top left-hand side of the "write a new post" page. I found this out on the blogger forum after having problems myself. It's evidently a blogger.com problem & is site-wide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rachel! That post was just what I needed to read! :) And yes, her photos are simply amazing! Also, thank you so much for the advice on uploading; I'll give it a try once I finish writing this. I'm glad there's a remedy for the problem. :D

    ReplyDelete